When Avaak’s previous development company could not deliver on the functionality it needed for its website, Sage Tree Solutions was asked to come to the rescue. A first round performance assessment determined that the site was in need of Drupal CPR.
The steps taken were:
- Vuezone.com was given a clean Drupal installation, and the site was completely reviewed to ensure its optimal performance.
- The site was integrated with Ubercart and Zuora so that the orders could flow into their subscription management system, rather than through PayPal.
- A JanRain custom module was used to ensure the site’s user-friendliness giving the site a single sign-on process for both Vuezone’s video portal and the online store.
- The menu systems were revised to make them more intuitive, and a redesign of the product pages was implemented.
- The Steelhouse module was customized to allow Vuezone to easily track users paths through the site as well as get up-to-the-minute data analysis.
Through these efforts, Sage Tree helped Avaak get acquired by Netgear. Additionally, with the expanded markets, they were able to help NetGear / Vuezone establish distribution through the Apple store.